This Is How We Do It
I’m sitting here with icy fingers, nervously anticipating the start of school on Monday. Listening to the Civil Wars and trying to figure out weather we should do Latin every day, or on Mondays and Wedensdays, or just Tuesdays and Thursdays. And math. How often should we tackle math- I’m leaning towards daily, as often as possible.
I have to file notification of Intent this week and that signals that this is fo-RE-UHL. We are doing this wild thing called Homeschooling again this year and I am equal parts excited and anxious. It makes me think of leaping off the side of the pool, body stiff and pulled tight into a ‘cannonball’, the water hits cold and fast and the splash at first is spectacular, but the waves settle and the temperature warms on wet skin and you find your groove, and after the initial shock, you find yourself bobbing comfortably in it all.
Is that how it is for you?
The School room has been cleaned, the crayon that made it’s mark on table tops last year, all freshly magic-erasered off, and papers filed and books catalogued and sorted. This is how we do it.
The kids are excited and anxious as well, they will miss their constant free-time, but will thrive in the routine of hitting the books, they always do. They are eager to crack the binding on so many great new books this year, and I am eager to as well. Literature is life. Oh, how I love books!
We are using Sonlight again this year, and I am relieved that the schedule (except for Latin, and Math) is already written out for me. *Whew!* Can we have a moment of silence for how happy I am that I do NOT have to make lesson plans…….
Amen. Seriously. What a blessing their ginormous instructors manual is to me.
Counting on to my 1000 Gifts……
524. School room ready!
525. Great music. How it fills my soul and carries me through the hard tasks
526. A great run after a terrible week of training struggles, the presence of God with me with each foot-fall.
527. Praying friends! The blessing of others praying for me.
528. The way you, God, work out the details, you string it all into a beautiful one-of-a-kind strand of pearls…
529. My Husband. My Love. The way he gives and gives to us….
530. Another year of life! Birthdays!
531. Family. Always family
532. Answered prayers and goodness yet to come…
533. German Chocolate cake. oooh yes.
534. You. The sweet souls who take the time to read my drivel. Words cannot express my gratitude for the comments I receive.
535. Rambunctious boys and energetic little girls- trying to tame the craziness